EAGLE offers cloud backup solutions that leverage Commvault, the industry’s leading enterprise backup product. Commvault has been the Gartner Magic Quadrant Leader for Backup and Recovery solutions for the past 7 years.
Eagle’s Cloud Backup solutions allow the customer to choose the level of management provided by Eagle. Our solution protects your system, data, files and applications in both physical and virtual environments, all managed through a single pane of glass. Utilizing Eagle’s expertise for a worry-free, managed and monitored appliance-based solution, we then replicate your data into Eagle’s Cloud (more info on the caverns here).
- Customers can leverage their existing local Commvault infrastructure while taking advantage of Eagle’s expert management and support capabilities. Or for a turnkey solution, customers can choose to leverage Eagle’s expertise and support along with an Eagle backup appliance.
- All cloud infrastructure, including the media agent and storage, is provided by Eagle as part of this fully managed cloud offering.
- For a co-managed solution, customers can choose to manage the initiation of backup and restore jobs. Customers can leverage the value of the backup solution whenever they choose, while at the same time relying on Eagle’s expertise for the ongoing maintenance, support, and infrastructure of their backup environment.
- Eagle’s managed backup solution includes Eagle technical support at no additional charge.
For existing Commvault users, EAGLE offers the ability to send backup copies to EAGLE’s Cloud leveraging Commvault’s WAN-efficient “DASH” technology (Deduplication Accelerate Streaming Hash). As a customer, you will be able to continue leveraging your investment in the industry’s leading enterprise data management and protection solution, while gaining the ability to eliminate tape and/or keep a copy of your data offsite in our secure and resilient cloud data center.
Key features of Eagle’s DASH include:
- Customers continue to use Commvault interface allowing administrators to manage cloud backups in the same method as local backups. Restores from the cloud are initiated from your local Commvault management console.
- Transmitted blocks are reduced by up to 95% with Commvault’s WAN-efficient DASH deduplication which allows for efficient network bandwidth use and significantly reduced storage resource consumption, shrinking your footprint in the cloud. In addition, the DASH copy is encrypted, ensuring your data is never at risk.
- All cloud infrastructure, including the media agent and storage, is provided by Eagle as part of this solution.
- Eagle’s DASH as a Service includes Eagle’s technical support at no additional charge.
For customers hosting data on their own storage array, Eagle offers the ability to replicate data into the Eagle Cloud, using the block-based replication features built into your own storage. This is a very affordable and worry-free method for ensuring your data is copied offsite and available in the case of an outage or disaster.
Eagles replication services leverage the Eagle Cloud, and offer:
- The ability to offload your DR infrastructure to Eagle’s secure cloud datacenter. All remote infrastructure is provided by Eagle as part of this solution.
- Customers can choose whether to leverage our storage hardware or purchase their own which is hosted in our secure cloud datacenter.
- Eagle’s Replication as a Service includes Eagle technical support at no additional charge.
For customers challenged with regulatory requirements, data integrity, or long-term archiving and retention policies, Eagle Cloud provides a host of services to fulfill your compliance needs. These services provide turnkey solutions for fixed content data like document archiving, email archiving, medical/PACS archiving and the general archiving of unstructured data.
Eagle Cloud compliance services offers:
- Information governance
- Meaning-based retention and long-term archiving
- Digital fingerprinting
- Policy-based enforced retention
- Policy-based defensible deletion
- Legal hold capabilities
- Enterprise Search & E-Discovery
- Eagle’s managed compliance solutions include Eagle technical support at no additional charge.