We act as the customer’s third-party technical consultant to meet FTC compliance requirements.
A Fortune 500 company that specializes in commodities and securities trading was required to update its compliance and retention requirements for the Federal Trade Commission. The company’s management discovered that their existing strategies did not meet new federal requirements for their industry and turned to Eagle for assistance.
- Customer was tasked to update current retention and electronic record-keeping to meet FTC requirements.
- The update in retention requirements necessitated an investigation for new storage devices.
- The FTC required WORM media on certain datasets and resulting costs were astronomical.
- The customer needed the ability to index and search specific datasets for litigation and compliance purposes.
- The FTC required the customer to hire a third-party to supply records to FTC and USDOJ in event of non-compliance or audit.
- Because compliance in the case of a disaster was critical, the DR/replication solution had to meet FTC requirements at the DR site.
Eagle leveraged the customer’s existing backup and DR platform-CommVault to manage and apply retention rules on new disk storage media. In addition, Eagle updated the CommVault platform, integrating index and search features for offline compliance datasets to provide easy access for auditors, compliance officers and legal counsel. Finally, Eagle leveraged Commvault’s deduplication to reduce back end storage requirements, and lower overall storage cost. Eagle then integrated the Nexsan Assureon archive appliance to fulfill FTC WORM requirements. The Assureon device met additional requirements by providing fingerprinting and data integrity. Assureon also features native active/active data replication, for automatic failover in case of site disasters.
To complete this solution, Eagle also implemented Eagle Watch level-1 support which provides first-level support for their backup and DR environment directly through Eagle’s support team.
- Federal and state compliance and retention requirements met: with the new solution, the company is now compliant for both backup and DR data retention.
- Finding specific data sets is simplified: by leveraging Commvault’s content indexing architecture, indexing and searching large volumes of data is now instant and is easy to manage.
- Overall storage requirements were reduced: by minimizing the total amount of data backed up with deduplication, less backend storage was needed, reducing the storage budget.
For more information on Eagle’s backup, disaster recovery, storage, data management and virtualization services contact your Eagle Account Executive or call us at 800.477.5432 to connect today.